Hey Scott,

Until recently, I owned a pair of PSR-5700s, keyboards that allowed you to turn down the volume of any of the drums, bass, chorus1, chorus2 and pads using nothing more than a simple volume slider. Granted, they didn't have all the great sounding instruments found in the Tyros and 2k, but the piano and vibe sounds were outstanding. Unfortunately, all of the advances in keyboard technology seem to have ignored the basics. What most people I've talked with want is a keyboard that produces high quality sounds, has lots of user memory and that can quickly access all files so there is little or no dead time between songs while they're performing. Obviously, the folks at Yamaha, and apparently all the other manufacturers don't seem to be interested in these aspects. I often suspect that the persons who actually design the keyboards have never played professionally in front on a dance-floor filled with people.

Good Luck with the tyros--think I'll stick with the 2k for now and maybe make some major modifications after the warrenty runs out.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)