I'm still messing around with bandmates and it's a struggle. Yep, might give up and be OMB. BUT... if I could find a couple of players, there are benefits of working with others.

I have also been searching for a DUO partner. A keyboard player who could also play guitar, that would be ideal. We could use tracks or auto-accompaniment. I also play guitar and keys. However, I really like live drums. Nothing like that oomph.

A bass player is hugely helpful, giving that bottom end AND rhythm. BUT... I was thinking, instead of a TRIO of me on guitar, bass and drums... it would be better to have me on guitar, KEYS, and drums. Because keys can do almost anything. PLUS... many of the songs I do have/need an organ or piano in the mix.

So, bass lines, that's the issue. Now, I mean WITHOUT using tracks... if I could, I would rather do this TRIO thing live. I could do tracks or auto-accompaniment on solo or duo jobs.

Can you play bass lines with your left hand? Is this an unusual skill or do you think many people could do this?

Or, any comments on the ideal TRIO makeup.

Again, my focus is original music and as for genre, it's all over the map but heavy on what I call country-rock. Country, acoustic-rock, folk, country blues. But for "regular" gigs where you have to play covers, I have to play more rock-oriented stuff. Even r&b stuff.

P.S. I could add more players and accomplish what I want but if I could do it with just THREE people, that would be cool.