Good Lord! I just found myself agreeing with Fran, and Donny hit the nail on the head as well. Additionally, dress for the occasion. I cannot count the number of times I've encountered OMB performers wearing ragged jeans and a T-shirt that looks like he just checked the oil of his car with it. If you look great, sound great and put on a hell of a show, you'll have all the work you can handle.

My 2007 calander is rapidly filling, and I already have a couple 2008 jobs booked because the folks that missed out in 2007 want to make sure they are not left out the following year. Yep, you have to be a business person as well. This means you must keep meticulous records, become a booking agent for yourself, be a good accountant, and every other person that a major company would normally employ. Use programs such as Quicken, Quick Books, Turbo-Tax, Photo Shop, Print Shop, MS Word, Nero-Burn, Acid Pro, and lots of others to make all these facets of business come together and you'll find that your computer is equally as important as your keyboard when it comes to running an OMB business. When my wife retires this spring, she will become my booking agent--at least I hope she does. If this is the case, maybe I'll get a few more free days for sailing.

Good Luck,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)