Samples via MIDI? How much time do you wanna spend with your transfers? Did you ever think about a SCSI-Transfer?
A K2000vp ...what's the meaning of 'vp'???
I only know K2000, K2000R, K2000S and K2000RS (or newer types of it like K2500/K2600).

The K2k owns a floppy disc drive with a fast interleave (about 5 times faster than standard DOS formatted FAT12) which supports saving across multiple discs. I think there's a tool for windows (is it cakewalk? - I don't really know) which can read those discs and files. I've also heard about a programm which can paiste such splitted files together.

A Risc PC under RISC OS provides the posibility to read the K's discs (and also the Amiga's, Atari's, Mac's and so on discs). This strongARMed computer has no problems by reading those files but for this you have to use RISC OS 4.0 or later.

The last (but fastest) chance to transfer your waves is the SCSI interface. Connect your K2k with an external SCSI drive and from there build an external connection to your PC's SCSI card (if you have one). For this you'll need one of some special older drives supporting the old SCSI narrow (spec. SCSI-I with 25 pins).

------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)