Dear Spalding;

Did the g-70 you tired contain the newest operating system ( i.e. ver 1.06 VS. 1.05)? Some forum member state that this makes a large differEnce, others say it does nothing. It is perplexing to hear the wide contrasts in opinion regardign the G-70. I have seen the Roland Namm demos as well and the G-70 sounds impressive. What I want to know is, why there is such a pronounced discrepancy bewteen the the sounds/styles etc.. of the Namm demo G-70 and the shipped G-70s.

I have heard the Tyros/Psr3000, but I have not heard the G-70 in person. But if i were to compare my audition of the Tyros/psr3000, and the G-70 demos, I would superficially say that the G-70 sounds better. That is what I find confusing, because if I listen to the negative coments on Synthzone, it would lead me to an opposite conclusion.

Could all the widely polarized views, just be a matter of personal preference??

Could Roland be attempting the old "bait & switch"?? (i.e. making the demos sound as good as they can through various manipulations, when in fact the publicly shipped models won't sound like this without a tremendous amount of work on the users part)????

Comments/views/insight---ANYONE ????

Regards;
SCP