I've had some bad experience with various companies and their customer service HOWEVER,
I've had two examples lately of the way it should be done.
Last week my main computer (Acer) went out. I called Acer and they said it sounded like the motherboard failed. I sent it to them Friday. Tueaday I got an email saying they received it. Last night I got a email from them saying it will be delivered back to me today, Wednesday. That's pretty good.
Last night my Bose L1 system started making terrible loud crackling sounds, sort of like a needle on a record scratching across the surface at FULL volume. I rebooted, checked all the connections and after a few minutes it did the same thing. I usually carry the Logitech system in my van for backup but I didn't have it, so I called my son and he brought it to me to finish the night.
I called Bose this morning and described the problem. They said a NEW one was being shipped overnight and I'll have it tomorrow.
They said use the box it comes in to send the old one back and they even gave me the UPS account number so I don't have to pay shipping.
That's pretty good, right!
DonM