Quote:
Originally posted by ptram:
Well, at 1.3ms per pulse, let me say that 384ppq is not exactly "low resolution"...

Paulo. though I agree, and certainly commend Korg's recent improvement of 384ppq seq midi note resolution on the PA1X, considering the FACT that a midi sequencer's ppq note resolution is compartively similar to a (in photographic terms) 'two' vs 'seven plus' megapixel camera, or standard resolution vs Hi-DEFINITION TV, it remains interesting to ponder the question why/how Yamaha is able to include a whopping 1192ppq on even its mid-budget line PSR3000's onboard sequencer. The fact is: the finer (higher the number) the sequencer note resolution is, the more accurately its able to capture your live playing timing nuances, and that's a GOOD thing. Though you may not consciously hear the difference, it can be felt & appreciated by a diserning musician.

Quote:
Originally posted by ptram:
We can improve on that, but is it worth the additional computation resources needed?

YES. Of course it is. Once keyboard owners become aware of the benefits of improved midi sequencer resolution, and how important it is for achieving midi recording timing accuracy, they'll appreciate & expect better higher (finer) sequencer resolution.

Much as if 'Camera Manufacterer A" refused to keep up with current technology by continuing to only offer 2 megapixel resolution on their 'top of the line' model cameras, while their camera manufacterer competition moved on offering 7+ mexapixel cameras at the same price: I suspect 'Camera Manufacterer A" would soon be out of business.

Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 09-21-2006).]