Hi Tommy,

You have come to the right place to get an answer to your question. I can give you a general answer but, I'll bet Dave McMahan will see your post and give you an in-depth answer. The long and short of it is; General Music has come out with what is called the "S" line. This is an upgraded Genesys and Genesys Pro. The newer versions contain a larger hard drive, a new motherboard, more control over certain functions on the keyboard, etc. All the things that are a part of the Ensemble.There is no new OS upgrade for the original Genesys and Genesys Pro. The upgrade you see is for the new "S" line and will not work with the original units. I too am a very happy Genesys owner and, I do not plan to upgrade my setup. I just don't find the need to have the additional things that come with the upgrade so, I decided to save my money. BTW, do you ever visit the GeneralMusicUS site and the forum available there? You can post questions there and I guarantee you will get an answer. Dave McMahan is the moderator and he stays on top of things. I hope this helps some.

Jerry Mullikin