msutliff, would you please change your tone in this discussion. Cris is as GEM person a very valuable source of information, and always willing to help someone with his problems regarding GEM products.

As far as I know, Musical704 asked a question, Cris answered with the solution. Saving as WAV file .

He gave also info about backing up WK4 Files by grabbing your screwdriver and unplug the hard-disk. It isn't pretty, but it is the only way. Don't flame him on the procedure, since it is the only way to back up your hard disk. Wk6 (optional) and Wk8 (standard) have the posibility to hook up a SCSI device. Wk4 doesn't have that option, altough there is a space reserved in the keyboard cover - which you can see. The wk4 mainboard doesn't support a SCSI interface.

To Musical704, maybe you need the WK4 Plus OS update. You will need it to edit sounds and save them as WAV files. Get it at www.musicmediasoft.com, follow their instructions if you need to update your keyboard. The sound edit 'synth' option will be found from now on under the button 'option' on your right hand (between 'st/song' and 'general').

To Cris: I would like to stress that I (and I feel I can speak for the frequent visitors of this forum) appreciate your input in this forum.

greetings,
Joost

Edit: Added info about WK4 Plus Update

[This message has been edited by JoostMerema (edited 10-21-2003).]

Edit2: URL Fix

[This message has been edited by JoostMerema (edited 10-21-2003).]