Quote:
Originally posted by Chris A:
...Just leave the filenames and folder structure exactly as is and copy them to you PC's hard drive. You can also buy a 2.5" USB enclosure for around $100. This will let you connect the WK4's hard drive directly to your PC and drag the contents to another folder, CD-R etc.

Okay, when I originally read this I thought, "What, there's another way to connect to a WK4 (I have the WK8) other than the SCSI interface and access the file system?" Then I thought, no there's not (but I could be wrong). So I read the above again and again and I'm just not getting it. Are you suggesting that he crack his WK4 open, remove the 2.5 inch HD, install it into the appropriate enclosure, connect that to the PC via USB and copy the HD's contents?

Did I get that right? Is that REALLY what you want him to do? If so and if Musical704 does go thru with it, let us know and I'll share with you what I learned when opening up a WK4. If I'm way off base here, maybe you can straighten me out.

(not trying to sound snobbish here)(just trying to help)

Maybe this would be a good time to talk about PC connectivity and GEM keyboards. Are there any plans on moving to USB? SCSI is okay I guess as long as it's included in the keyboard IMHO, but you really don't see many SCSI interfaces built into PC's these days, do you? Too many flavors of SCSI (speed-wise) I guess.

mike