Hi Tapas,
it's great to hear that you got yourself all sorted out.
Your PCR-M50 sounds interesting. I'm still using my Clavinova as my controller as I mainly play piano for melody, but I had been considering a small usb keyboard for my laptop for portability when away from home.
It's one I'll definately check out.

If I'm not mistaken, you already have an Audigy soundcard? which will make using soundfonts quite simple.
I'm using an Audigy 2 NX external USB card for my laptop and it sounds quite good.
It's not as flexible as my software setup for fonts ,consisting of Forte, ASIO4all, midiyoke etc etc
but using audigy for the fonts is simpler.

Interesting to note, the SD90 has an xglite sound setup?? as well as gs/gm. That should make the drums in the psr styles more compatible than if it only had gm/gs drum sounds.

One great thing about OMB is that you can have more than one midi out source and you can choose which channel plays what.
For instance I set midi channel 1 to USB
( clavinova ) for my piano melody sound.
Channels 10 to 16 ( style channels) I set individually to either usb( clavinova) or to my soundfont device. I don't appear to get latency either.

Welcome to the world of software arrangers, it's amazing what can be done with OMB.

Actually I've got Frank & AJ to thank for introducing me to the world of softsynths.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tapas:
[B]Hi,

I am using an Edirol SD-90 Studio Canvas as my sound source. The GM/GS MIDI files sound perfect when played back through this and doubles as an XGlite sound module for OneManBand.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022