Hi Scott,

Thanks for pointing me to the CME news link. Now I am getting advise from the Pro!
The 49 key UF5 with semi-weighted keys is an outstanding bargain for $199.

Just came back from Guitar Center and Sam Ash. I checked out a few. No one carries the Novation brand. Must be special ordered.

I loved the feel of the Emu Xboard 49 Synth Action Keys. Simply marvelous. Guitar Center is selling them this weekend for $169. That’s an unbeatable deal. The Emu key action trounces the M-Audio series.

I liked the semi-weighted Roland A37 as well. Great MIDI controller, but lacks USB.

The Korg Kontrol 49 caught my attention too. The key feel is identical to the Korg Triton Le. It is a tad too expensive ($399).

The Edirol PCR-M50 is priced right. AudioMIDI.com is offering them for $219 with free shipping:
http://tinyurl.com/e4gbh

Having 49 keys is perfect for a desktop controller. 61 keys are too wide to fit when you add in the computer keyboard and mouse. The depth is also a factor. The Edirol PCR-M50 is sleek, whereas the Korg and Novation takes up more depth.

The Korg has LCD readouts over each of the 8 banks of sliders and knobs that change color – red/yellow/green plus has that convenient matrix of trigger pads and a vector joystick.

Decisions, decisions!

Tapas

PS. Scott: I am enjoying all your late breaking news on the Tyros2. Keep them coming!