so..like what IS the difference between an "arranger" and a "workstation"? The 9000pro is called a workstation, but isn't more an arranger. ?????

I guess if the sequencing capacity is strong enough I may choose the 9000 over the MOTIF since I am already accustomed to how PSRs work. Is this a valid statement? Or is it silly to think if using the 9000 to sequence arrangements????

Check out some of the tunes I made using (believe it or not) a PSR-500!
www.seanbaker.com/songs.html

Maybe hearing what I've done will help you all tell me what to do. Though I was able to make pretty slick sequences on the PSR-500 getting away from the pre-programmed styles, it was REALLY hard to do and program the rhythms and all that. Though I am used to how the PSR's work, I wonder if something more professional like the MOTIF would give me more control(flexibility) over the arrangement. On all my pieces from that link, I did not use the built in auto-accompaniment--I built up the drums, bass, and other stuff from scratch and then occasionally used the chording to create the arrangement. But even then, most of the time I would layer the parts track by track which on the PSR-500 meant only a few tracks.

I would like to find a keyboard that has more up-to-date sounding synth pads and atmospheres, good groove making capabilities, AND realistic acoustic instruments especially horns. Should I get the MOTIF and add the Virtual Acoustic Plugin (if anyone knows anything about that)????

Still, what's the deal with the TRITON's polyphonc arpeggiators? What does that mean????

I am enjoying all this input and help, but I still need some apparantly. Thanks for sticking with me and all my thousands of comparitive questions.