Benno: I'm really sorry to hear about the email virus you received from my long ago closed (over 2-3 years)AOL email account. I assure you that I had no knowledge of, and did not send that email to you. Benno, I'm just glad you had your anti-virus up & running & doing it's job.

Interestingly enough, I too remember my NAV (anti-virus) software (a number of months ago) having to block a similar virus attached email, 'erroneously marked' as coming from our forum administrator Nigel's email address. Following the virus entering one's computer, it harvests the email address entries of the attacked person's address book , and then automatically sents out (spreads) the virus to some/all the address book entries, tagging any one of these address book entries as the bogus sender as well.

In addition to to keepin my NAV anti-virus software in Auto Protect & Automatic LIVE Update modes at all times, I also make sure I not only recognize the email sender's address, but that the subject heading 'topic' wording include something specific as well. For this reason, I recommend, when sending emails to friends, that everyone try to include something more descriptive than just 'hello', 'good day' or some other generic phrase. Be sure to include something in the subject heading to help clue the receiver that it's in fact legitimate. If still in doubt, contact the sender to confirm that the email in fact is legitimate.

Scott