Boo, Donny,

thank you for the comments. I am a bit envious of you fellows who have X1s or other keyboards with speakers. When I take a plunge, my next one will definitely have speakers built in. However, my current instrument is G1000, which has no speakers.

As I do not play many gigs (probably about once a month on average), I need an amp which would provide me with good stereo sound when I play at home, and sufficient power when I play out. I do not need 300 watts of the Mackie, and I'd like to pay less than the $700 that one costs.

My current amp, an older Peavey KB150 works OK, but it is big, heavy, and only produces a monophonic sound. When I play through the built-in speakers of the old E70, which are not really powerful enough, I can appreciate the difference the stereo sound makes. I don't really sing, so unlike some of the pros in this forum who can make a party come alive with a harmonica, I have to rely on the sound of the keyboard.

The Fender appears to fit my requirements (though it would be nice if it were a bit lighter), at least on paper. Hence, I'd like to hear people's opinions, or suggestions of the alternatives which would give me simiar functionality (stereo sound) for similar price (around $400).

Thanks again,
Alex

[This message has been edited by Alex K (edited 12-10-2000).]