Alex,

I tried a Crate KK160. It sounded very good. But too many here and on other forums boast of the Stereo sound. So, I'm going to go Powered Speakers or Powered stereo amp. I'm waiting until the guys get to hear the new Yamaha Passive S15E speakers with the 2" Titanium What-Cha Ma-call-it. It may be great but no one seems to be familialr with them. The price is at $229 each now. I think it is worth waiting to hear input from the pros.

I've sort of made up my mind to wait. But I don't need them tomorrow. I know how you feel. If we all had the gigs, we'd just go out and buy the Mackies and not worry about it. I wonder if Don, Dave, Scott and Donny realize how fortunate they are and appreciate what they are doing.

I have a very good friend that plays great tenor in New Orleans that plays on an average of 4 times a week. But not 6 days a week. And I don't think anyone here know's his ax as well as Jerry in New orleans.

He wrote some scores for a couple of movies when he was in LA. He is 58 and he's been playing since 10 or so. Sometimes it is the area. In New Orleans it is still bands. And bands cost a bit more then a solo. Wish we all could have started on arrangers back in the fifties.
I got off of the subject. Sorry about that.
Boo