Donny:
More EV767 elaboration: a big reason that I have stayed with the EV767 mic is because it has the 'hottest signal' in a "non-phantom powered" dynamic mic. I especially like to use it when plugging it directly into my KN5000's mic input as the "mic gain" (entertainer section) on the Kn5000 doesn't need to be turned up as much as when plugging other brand mics directly into the KN5000. This results in much cleaner sounding vocals. The EV767 mic seems to "enhance" the voice, giving it a rich velvety smooth sound. I also like it because I don't have a tendency to pop consonants very easily on it. As a road worthy (subject to being dropped/banged) performance mic it really delivers.

For a most accurate sounding (non-colored) studio recording mic, and a fantastic performance mic as well, I recommend the AKG C-3000B large diaphram condenser mic ($299 street price). It's the closest thing to the legendary AKG 414 Condenser mic ($800 street price). I use this for special occasion performances but not for daily gig use as it is not as rugged as the EV767. Anxious to hear your feedback and comments regarding the EV767 (after you get a chance to audition it).
-Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 11-22-2000).]