I guess 49 lbs isn't bad when I consider that I used to drag around a Yamaha CP25 with me. Now THAT was a beast. I miss it too, but I doubt I could move it around like I did when I was in my 20's.

Yep, the XD9 is available for purchase... that's the easy part. The harder part is finding one to try out before you buy it ( if you don't live near George, DanO, or someone else who has it ). I suspect that I might already own one if I could have found one to demo. The demos sound great, but I need to have my hands on it and hear it before I buy. Anyway, once the Tyros is available to demo, I'll make the trip to Md ( 4+ hrs ) because I'm intrigued enough about the XD9. Even if DanO decides not to carry the Tyros, once they are out there I can at least try them both within a day or two and cross reference. I can't be sure without trying but..based on what I see to this point, I would predict that I'll stay with the PA80, keep the Motif ( no prediction there ..no matter what I'm keeping the Mo ) , and... ( sorry honey..lol ) I go out and buy the XD9 too.

AJ