Markus,

I ditto Fran's post. I am using the European version 3.0a that George Kaye recommended and have not had a single failure. I am curious as to what range of serial numbers of X1 that your friends in Germany own are having problems. Maybe these X1's are older units?

Roland G-1000 in my opionion is the easiest to operate on stage using the disk link feature and performance mode - maybe I am still more used to it than the Solton X1. It also has some good JV sounds and is very convenient to play manual bass and drums using the PK5 MIDI pedal. The only inconvenience that I found is its lack of starting/stopping drums like Korg I30 and Solton X1. Roland has to introduce a style family called "acoustic styles" that does not include drums at all with lower style variations and gradually add drums for the more complicated variations within the same style. I wish to know if there is a simple way other than these accoustic styles to directly mute/enable drums. As far as controlling individual parts of accompaniment I like Korg I30 the best for their dedicated 9 hardware sliders. Solton X1 with Korg I30's hardware sliders would be ideal for real time performance.

Paul Ip