Very interesting, Dave. You are the first person that I know of who plays arranger workstation with one finger chord mode and running bass line. To me, this style is more difficult to play than left hand just playing inverted root chords ("Fingered" mode with "To Lowest" Bass). One potential danger for the one finger chord style though - for a short period of time, you may not be able to predict what chord your keyboard is interpreting your "one finger", at least for the very beginning one to two notes of the bar. By "one finger" mode, do you mean you use the "Easy 1", or "Easy 2" mode, F6 on page 2 of Arrange mode? According to your description, you should be using "fingered mode" in which the X1 only plays the chord according to your actually fingering - if you are pressing 2 keys at the same time, the accompaniment only uses these 2 notes instead of a complete chord. This mode allows absolute control of the chord and accompaniment produced by your X1 - but of course you will have to play chord with your left hand, not your style. "Easy 1" and "Easy 2" interprets your single finger to a complete chord and may produce wrong chords at a very short interval unless your bass line is very quick and so the X1 can interpret a short sequence of bass line as your desired chord. Dave, would it be possible that you record a song of yours with the X1 and put the resulting MIDI file somewhere so I can listen to your style of playing? I may be able to learn some great X1 playing style from you.

Paul Ip