.... the bride and I will celebrate 40 years in November!!! ... it hasn't always been easy, but then, that's part of what's made it so great ... I think one of the biggest problems today is that people think it's supposed to be easy and when it's not ...splitsville ... I remember when the 'living together' thing started to really take hold, and the excuse was "we want to see if we are compatable" ... so they live together for a few years, then get married, and all of a sudden they're 'not compatable'...!!!!

Back on the 'clinking' topic, I don't know how many weddings KN_Fan has been to, but I played weddings for over 26 years with the band, and I don't think there were more than a handful (if that) where this was NOT done ...
At our wedding it happened fairly often, and of course I was willing to oblige , and at one point I was talking with some people and and the 'clinking' started, so I dashed to my new bride only to find that she started it because she needed to tell me something and that was her only way to get my attention from across the room ...
t.

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 07-13-2003).]