Hi Chico,
Many thanks for taking the time to listen to my song. Glad you liked it ...and I am working on pushing the vocal out

Alone,
I did not think your comments offensive in the least. I took them as I'm sure they were intended as helpful and constructive advice.

I recieved your master copy thanks and am about to give it a blast.... actually I recieved it at around 3.30am my time but thought I had better not wake the house Will let you know what I think.

Thanks for your advice on getting over writers block. I will give each of them a try. I particularly like the idea of humming a line to myself BEFORE going near a keyboard. I used this method out of neccessity once (in that I was driving home and had no radio in the car. I started of with a melody line and before I got home had a complete song in my head.) Strangely to date (and for various reasons) the song that came from that is probably my favourite.
Thanks again Alone, I do appreciate your advice and help.

Spalding,
Thanks for listening and for your very kind comments. I have always considered that I was born a good few years too late in that my style of writing is a little out of date now. I like songs that 'tell a tale' and love to use tight rhyme and such to that end. I love Gershwin and Cole Porter (they do it effortlessly... and again I am not drawing comparisons with myself). My point is that I have always considered myself 'behind the times' with regard to the 'saleability' of my songs.

Eddie,
Thanks again
I do think you are right in that the 'singer' has to be comfortable within his/her own peramiters. I have never considered myself a singer at all as you know and only do it (under extreme sufference I might add) in order to get my songs heard. People like you have given me the confidence to believe that my voice is adequate enough to do this and I am forever grateful for that.

It is still my dream though to write that one good song that a real artist will pick up and do justice to. I want to write songs that other people like singing and that (hopefully) even more people like to listen to. I never wanted the limelight..... just my name on the sheet music
Very best wishes
Tony