Diki,
Both the PA80 and MZ2000 allow me to either step enter chords or record them in real time ( and later edit if I wish to make changes ) using each one's respective pattern sequencer. What I did not know and am somewhat surprised to learn is that this feature is no longer available on the PA1x series boards.

On a happier note, I just converted some G70 styles for use on the MZ2000. Even untweaked, they pretty much sound better on the MZ than it's own internal styles do. The MZ has a function built in that allows the user to auto convert both Roland and Technics styles to MZ format right inside of the board.

Years ago, I replaced my first MZ with the PA80 since I felt the major weakness of the MZ were it's styles and the lack of a harmonizer. I've pretty much learned to do without the harmonizer ( until of course I get my next board ), as the one on the PA80 isn't all that great to begin with. The G70 and maybe to a lesser extent the KN7000 styles have given it a whole new life for me, and it now sounds good enough that when I do decide to purchase my next arranger, either a G70 or perhaps a T2, I'm pretty much thinking of keeping the MZ as my backup hardware and putting the "for sale" sign on the PA80 ( although it will in reality be a 3rd stringer since my software arranger will be my actual backup ).

In reality, I like the MZ's lead piano, guitar and sax voices much better than the corresponding ones on the PA80, and the MZ is just more fun to play and mess with... for me anyway. Who'd have thunk it ?

AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 08-06-2006).]