Danny,
The US market is no different than what you see in the UK. Here in California, it's only because of my passion for these arranger keyboards that I have become so popular among musicians seeking out a good store for arranger products. All around me are chain stores which carry some Korg, Yamaha and Roland arrangers, but almost never carry the smaller brand names. If there were more dealers in the UK who thought like me, I'm sure you would be finding many more players using these keyboards. I normally would sell maybe 5 or 6 of any other model keyboard throughout the year, but I've sold dozens of X1's in only 5 or 6 months. Why? It's not just because I'm one of the only dealers. It's because i've taken the time to learn it and be able to demonstrate it. I'm still convinced that if all the other stores had these, they would just sit on their shelves, because you have to spend time and learn them. If my customers just came in and played a few notes, they would probably walk right on bye and head to the Yamaha's. Why? because these are the brands you see everywhere. Long live the little music stores who take the time to learn, sell and give support to those in need.
George Kaye
(Retired 2021)