As I had a Solton, my wife wanted her own arranger type keyboard. We decided to sell some of the stuff we had but weren't using (Digitech vocalizer, Proteus/2, etc). Her choice was The Technics KN-6000, which I found for 2895.00, be that good or bad price.
The positive things about it are, 1. It is a "pretty" one. 2. Nice big readout. 3. Some nice styles including piano based.
Solton X1 doesn't have numbers 1 and 2 like Technics does.
The X1 does, however, have total number of superior styles ecept for piano based, absolutely rules in solo instrumentation sound quality on virtually all sounds. Has far superior drums, has more emotion in its styles. Solton has better touch and after touch. Solton, I believe has an easier interface and and interface that is definitely better for on the fly adjustments.
My wife loves it, but then it is HER keyboard, though I have played on it considerably today. I found the Solton learning curve a skate compared with the Technics.
I like the Technics and feel it will be a good friend. However, that being said, The Solton X1 has and will remain the keyboard love of my life.