OK, now you have done it. You have got my curiosity up enough to come out of the shadows to post and expose the whole forum to some really dumb questions. First, I am a very new Yamaha PSR 740 owner. My first portable keyboard and I am struggling through the initial 40 pages of the manual. As little as I know about keyboards, I know less about computers (even this message is testing my abilities). Need I go on.
The posts about the B4 native instruments program led me to their website. Now to the dumb questions. Simply put, can I play my PSR 740 keyboard and have it sound like a Hammond B-3? Is it an actual stand alone drawbar module that can be used as an attachment to my PSR? Or is it a program package that is installed in my computer? If so, can a disk be made to use in my Yamaha or does the computer need to be connected to the PSR 740. I am soooo confused. Although I am a senior in years, this is new to me and I am trying to learn, so bear with me. Getting a Hammond B-3 sound out of my PSR sounds to good to be true. So before I depart with my hard earned money to try something I know nothing about, could someone give me some very basic information in simple terms. See, I told you I had some really stupid questions, and just proved it.
BTW, in the winter I live in one of those "age restricted communities" that many of you have kindly noted you enjoy performing. Believe me, for many of us, it is the highlight of our week and is our pleasure.
Whew, it has taken me about 3 hours to construct this message. Better send it before I forget. I need a nap.
Thanks in advance for any comments.
Jack
P.S. Bought my PSR 740, because of this forum, from George Kaye (a frequent poster here) Music Scene. He is as sincere and helpful in person as he is on the message board. George, you ARE reading this aren't you?

------------------

[This message has been edited by Jack Gittleson (edited 12-28-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Jack Gittleson (edited 12-28-2000).]