Sorry, Bill..... the 'drums in a cavern' comment was for NickG's idea of putting the entire arranger through a keyboard amp's reverb! Some degree of confusion about what is meant by 'global', I guess.

To try and explain as carefully as I can..... every arranger has at least one, and often two or more different reverb processors aboard. One for the keyboard parts, one for the style or SMF parts, and sometimes one for the Harmonist (the E80 can have as many as six including all the MFX and IFX insert effects units).

To dial back the total amount of reverb on all these different processors is usually a complex and time consuming task, unsuitable to doing quickly on a gig that turns out to be sonically too dull or 'ring-y' for the usual presets. As I said earlier, because of the player's close proximity to his monitor, he may not appreciate this problem, but further out into the room, it gets a lot worse.

What I am hoping that someone can consider is a SINGLE, GLOBAL (in the meaning of 'it applies to ALL reverbs called by by the arranger' in normal operation) parameter that would apply an offset (that means 'no matter WHAT the reverb amount is for every processor, subtract or add the same amount to each'), thus the BALANCE of reverb amount between say a dry-ish drum part and a wetter piano part doesn't change, just the overall amount of reverb as a whole.

'One ring to rule them all' and simplify this task. That's all.