Hello George and Tom,
The purpose of the question was basically to get feed back to see if anyone is really using the feature's ? So, The 1st thing that gets replied is "I'm disappointed because "
or "I have a customer who complains that ".
George...I did Have 1 keyboard that had the same problem you described. I call Solton and had the problem fixed. Of the other owners that have the X1 , ther has not been a problem. Quite honestly I think that not many are using the cut and paste feature.Have you exchanged the keyboard with your customer until you have the problem fixed?
To Tom,
Personally I think that the X1 has many user friendly features. I have customers who love the manuel. I would be happy to help you .I can walk you through right over the phone.
The X1's best feature is the fact that you are not dependent on the LCD display to make changes for style selection and sound selection. All The Japanese manufacturers have you press a button ,look in the screen,
maybe turn a page then press another button to select the sound or style. Then press exit and overall multiple pressing of buttons.
The X1's function buttons are designed to Alter and change things . Niot selecting sounds and styles. The X1 is easy ! If you wish to alter voices of an existing style you may want to use the factory/custom feature. 1. select a style.2.press arrange view. Alter the voices ( using the function buttton)of each variation you wish to change. Press Save enter.Select F2 for styles. You can rename the style or press F10 to save. Press exit. Now press custom/factory and reenter the style # you altered with the select keys. And you are in business. Each of the 198 styles can be altered! Less registations!
Good Luck and call if you wish. Guitar Center
in Baltimore Md. 410 821 5200.