Dan01,
I've had my X1 a very short time, less than two months. I have just started experimenting with patterns. I haven't tried cut and paste. I've only tried to modify with little success. The manual is such a great help!

I am assigning and creating one touch settings. I creating programs and using them as one touch settings also. I created a piano/blowedsax program the other night that was interesting.

Can MIDI files be modified and changed into patterns?

I haven't had time to do as much as I would like but in time I will.

Because the keyboard is sooooo user unfriendly to operate many of these things need to be set before you go out as a solo act. ( I know that Uncle Dave cuts his teeth on the job with new boards,) but I'm not that good that I can do that.

If it weren't for the fact that the X1 sounds so damn good I would sell it and get a Yamaha psr9000 just for ease of operation.

I offered to write the next English X1 owners manual for Ketron but I got no response. They have such a great product people should be beating down the door for them.

If you have any luck with the cut and paste please let the rest of know the procedure.

Thanks

Tom

Tom