Ok, here's my 2 cents. I myself don't give a hoot about those posted polyphony specs as kb manufacters allocate their sound & voices differently. The bottom line is whether notes actually 'drop out' when you're playing the keyboard. We all have 10 finger max which can play the kb simulatneously so I'd think 62 note polyphony should cover that. Manufacterers allocate polophony to a single instrument voice differently with some assigning one and other 3-4, so it's not fair to base a keyboard on it's published maxiumum polyphony number alone. I played the Korg PA1Xpro on several occasions and NEVER noticed note drop outs so don't have complaints about its polyphony. The only reason I've had to pass on the PA1XPro is because it's chord table doesn't recognize rootless 'jazz' style chord voicings, which is critical to my style of playing. I can only hope that Korg will join Yamaha, Technics, and Ketron by including 'rootless chord' recognition on the PA1X/pro. It can EASILY be accomplished (as Ketron as done with the SD1) with a simple OS Update. This remains the primary reason which has kept me from purchasing a Korg Arranger so far. I'm very impressed with Korg's 'up to date' sounding styles & distinctively fresh Korg instr sounds (except for the lackluster acoustic piano), so If Korg adds this (and perhaps improves the sound of the acoustic piano), I would seriously consider purchasing the PA1Xpro.

On another note, I've heard that some key sound design people who previously worked for Technics (Chris Halon, etc) have (after Technics demise) moved to Korg or Roland, and because Technics arrangers have always included 'rootless jazz chord' voicing recognition, hope these guys might be able to influence Korg & Roland to follow suit as well. In the meantime, any help from PA1X owners in requesting Korg to finally intergrate rootless chord recognition with OS 2.5 would be greatly appreciated by not only myself, but many other jazz style keyboard players out there as well. - Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 04-21-2005).]