Metaphorically speaking, we are talking about a Rolls Royce with a very fancy interior, with full grain leather, wine cooler, and steering wheels on the right AND on the left to ease the job of a chauffeur while driving both in the UK (or Australia) and in the rest of the world. Unfortunately, it only has a 4-cyliner engine of a VW Bug - no matter how you soup it up with options, you always stand a chance to run out of power if you press on the accellerator hard enough.

I am sure that Korg is a perfectly OK instrument (I had a chance to try it yet again at a music store yesterday, only to walk away wishing I could like it better). It is also admirable that they continue improving the feature set even though the instrument has been released over a year ago. However, if we keep mum about the obvious shortcomings, we lead manufacturers to believe that they can continue selling us instruments with sub-standard features while charging exorbitant prices, we are doing everyone a disservice.

As I mentioned many times, note dropouts do not occur every time (even to me) - they depend on the style of one's playing and on how richly they layer sounds. It appeared to me yesterday that all of the OTS programs have only one or two realtime parts enabled (with the others muted out). I also have not noticed note dropouts yesterday, but the laws of arithmetics are unescapable - it is easy to exceed the 62 or 64 note polyphony on an arranger keyboard. I believe that for the price of PA1X Korg owes us more.

On the other hand, as long as there are people content to pay a Rolls Royce price for a fancy car with a VW engine, we are not likely to see anything better.

Regards,
Alex