Of all the arrangers I was able to demo, I like the PA80 the best for what I want to do. I never got a chance to try the VA7 or SD1, so I can't say if I'd have liked them better, but it hardly matters now as my search is over. I can make all kinds of music with the PA80, and at this point that's really all I care about. The next thing I'd like to upgrade is my synth / workstation, as the old M1 just can't keep up any more. So after I part with my 740 and some other gear I'll go demo the Motif and see how I like that. I'd like to go with something other than a Triton based synth engine, just to have a different repertoire of sounds to use. I like Yamaha sounds anyway and the Motif appears at first glance to be a lot of synth for the bucks, so a good demo of it for me could be the deciding factor.

I also agree that the PA80 is a very good value for the money. Sounds are subjective I suppose but I've always liked what I've gotten in sounds from the different Korg and Yamaha boards I've owned and the PA80 is no exception. Not to say I don't like the others either. It's just that I've always had either a Korg or Yamaha or both and have been comfortable with either..

AJ