Actually, zuki, I am probably the biggest critic of my own gear here... I moderate the G70 Bug Forum at Roland-Arranger.com (now mostly inactive after two MAJOR OS upgrades) and am probably the largest single poster of suggestions for OS improvements and new functions (several of which have been included by Roland in new OS updates) on the wishlist forum there... This is probably the biggest difference between me and Ian. We both love our particular arrangers, but I am the only one prepared to offer up ANY criticism of it. OTOH, I don't work in any capacity for Roland, so I may just be less shackled in posting my thoughts.

It is just a shame that some here cannot brook ANY criticism of the equipment they play. Recognizing it's faults, and working towards getting them rectified is probably the best use of these fora, but when the cheering section does their level best to drown out any serious discussion, some very valid points just get lost in the constant bickering.

If the gear you have is perfect FOR YOU, why get so defensive if others find it less so themselves? Let them discuss it without ridiculing their concerns. No amount of criticism will make that arranger any less perfect for you. The fact that Ian and yourself don't find yourselves in the overwhelming majority when it comes to opinions about the 'feel' of the PSR line's keybed has not stopped you posting to deny it every single post it is ever mentioned.

If my constant (well, a little less so, these days!) whining for a Chord Sequencer is tedious, how do you think most of us with a more, shall we say, critical approach to the PSR 'feel' regard your incessant denial of any possibility of a problem? The truth is, for most posters here, the PSR's key feel is almost the ONLY criticism, and even THAT you can't abide...

Feel free to of course, pop your little two cents worth in EVERY single time this flaw is discussed, but don't expect anyone to take your decidedly minority opinion any more seriously than most others take mine about the Chord Sequencer. Of course, probably a vastly greater number of players have actually run their hands over a PSR keyboard than have ever tried to figure out the CS, but what the hey... A disliked 'feature' is a disliked feature, no matter how much WE like them....

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 08-27-2007).]