I think it is because there are several good sites on the web that are manufacturer specific, that have better facilities for hosting files, updates, videos and audio demos, have dedicated bug forums, style forums, tips and tricks sections, etc..

Without a more elaborate forum software, SZ is a bit hobbled to provide the support that a true dedicated site can. And these sites have been established for quite a while.

The General Arranger forum here is fairly unique, in that you get a lot of comparison posts, whether polite or not vs. the one-sided viewpoint of the dedicated fora, and hearing how others use their arrangers, and what specific features are the most loved and hated is very informative.

But the SZ specific fora lack the features necessary to make a good resource, compared to other, more established sites. I don't post a lot on the SZ Roland forum because most of what is discussed there is simply a repeat of what has already been discussed at roland-arranger.com, and one can only post the URL so many times...

I just don't see the point of reinventing the wheel... or at least, duplicating it.