Quote:
Originally posted by keysvocalssax:
case in point, diki--please check my reply to your answer on Roland forum..i want to get hold of that ots program asap..thanks..

The thing is, Mo, if you had posted that question at roland-arranger, rather than here, not only would your answer be immediate, but the program is there for download immediately, the program developer has his own forum on the site where he can answer any of your questions straight away, and you can talk to MANY others that already have the same arranger as you, for longer than you, and may have already worked out the workarounds you are struggling with.

I do not feel that, just because I post at the SZ General Arranger forum, I have any obligation to support the SZ Roland forum, when a better one already exists. It is not like a real neighborhood, where you want to support the locals - on the web, there is NO 'local' anything. So I have no problem coming to SZ for my dose of fun (that's all I really ever get from here, it's not as if many of the threads actually discuss anything much more than 'My keyboard right or wrong'), posting a few things to stir stuff up (which doesn't take a whole lot here, as sensitive to criticism of their gear or their attitudes most supposed 'pros' are in here! ) and then popping over to roland-arranger, where we actually get stuff DONE (checked out the details about the 'random pan' undocumented feature, yet?).

Just because it has 'SZ' on it, doesn't mean we really have any obligation to make it work, when years of effort (and quite a bit of money) have already made the best site for Roland arranger discussion (in English) a simple click away. If you want to hang out with your friends (or at least, members here at SZ that you are used to), that's fine. Do that on the SZ General forum. But if you want to hang out where the most E60 users hang out, well, that's roland-arranger.com.

Like I said, why duplicate the wheel..? I can't honestly think of anything we could do on the SZ Roland forum that isn't ALREADY going on over at roland-arranger.com, and I know of LOTS of things going on there that CAN'T be done here. So, as you noticed, I don't check in very often at SZ Roland, and my reply to you there was something of an exception. In future, I would prefer not to have to go trolling through a variety of forums, to answer posts and help, if I can, so if you can, please post at roland-arranger for the fastest response time.