Dear Beakybird/Bluezplayer;

I agree with you concerning the convenience ergonomic button placement( stop/start/variationstempo change etc.. ) of the arranger set-up vs. softsynth arranger. Maybe BluezPlayer could shed some light on this topic for us since he has a softsynth arranger set-up. Bluezplayer share your experiences with your set-up ( maybe you could tell us what the ultimate softsyth arranger set-up would be that would surpass the Top-Model arrangers that are now on the market--/Pa1x/g-70/Tyros/Sd1/Gem) .

BeakyBird the problems you discussed above I believe would be amplified in a Live senario, where the lighting is low, external distractions etc... are in place.

Further , I suppose the benefit of a KB like the mediastation is that the computer & arranger are all in one ( no need to connect a midi keyboard, computer ). It could be up-graded with better software, but for the price of admission one should have expect more. The Neko LE is a possibility at ~$2400. Adding some good quality voices, OMB probabally cost another $1-1.5k.

Bluezplayer what is the highest quality Voices software/samples ( read as most realistic, live sounding voices) in your opinion for instruments ( solo instruments from an orchestra--violin/strings/trumpet/saxes/trombone/flutes/french horns etc..., guitars ( acoustic nylon/steel, electric-fender/gibson/les paul etc..) pianos, oragns, accordians , accoustic drums, etc.. . Is there one package that has it all or would you suggest a couple of different vendors for their best voices??? What are they??
I'm looking for the most realistic/accurate/life like sounds, in order to sound like a live Band.

Thanks for your help
Regards;
SCP