Tony,
I agree with you on this. I think that keyboard makers publish too much hype about their sound quality. Let's face it.. These keyboards are expensive. I don't care how much a person makes because any keyboard that costs $1000.00 and up should have good sound quality. I also agree that critisism can be very constructive, and that we should not accept these limitations, but there is only so much that today's technology can do with sampling. Even the top dog synths that cost over 2 grand have their flaws with sound quality. I also see jocks point. Why don't they give more ROM to sounds? The most impressive I've seen recently in regards to ROM is the new Yamaha Motif.. This things includes sounds from the S80,EX5, and the PSR9000. It's quite an impressive machine. I think Yammie hit the head on the nail with this synth.... It seems to meet most if not all of the things we musicians want in a synth..

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.