I've noticed over the past couple of months that SO many people have been complaining that the sounds on recent and past keyboards aren't up to their own personal standards. Here's my take on this. What must not be forgotten is that these are DIGITAL instruments.. You will never get a digital instrument to perform and sound as good as the real thing. Understand that our keyboards lack the most essential part of the piano and that's a SOUNDBOARD. Also keey in mind that multi-range sampling can result in very slight differences in tone quality, and volume between the ranges. The problem is when playing 2 notes that lie on either side of the point where there is a change from one range to another. This is unavoidable because of the digital sampling process. Many of today's and yesterday's top keyboards have really good sounds. We all have our own personal taste when it comes to sound quality. We each hear sounds differently.... I've talked to some people that prefer the sounds of the Casio WK series to the Yamaha PSR series. Again it's all in personal taste.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.