Like I said before, I was really IMPRESSED with the beautiful SD1 demos songs performed by Notlos. What a superb musician he is to be able to produce such professionally polished songs on JUST a 'single' keyboard alone. WOW!

In spite of this (as mentioned earlier by Henry01), I think it's very IMPORTANT to "reiterate" that we still MUST take the time to AUDITION for ourselves ALL the keyboard(s) we are considering for purchase, BEFORE laying down our hard earned cash, especially for such a BIG ticket item.

ALL the top-emd arranger keyboards on the market are excellent now, but each has its' own unique strengths & weakness'(OS design, button/screen layout, keyboard size, feel, arranger styles, sounds, features, etc). What might work well for one person may NOT be suitable for another. Your decision really is a PERSONAL thing. That's what makes this world such a wonderfully diverse place afterall.

I'm STILL looking for a store around here (San Francisco Bay Area) that will be willing to 'stock' the SD1 so I can AUDITION it myself again to determine if this is the BEST keyboard for "ME". - Scott

PS: I received word from Bell Solton (New York) today that Sandro (Solton-Italy) is 'still' PROMISING to implement rootless "jazz chord" voicing recognition in the SD1's FIRST OS upgrade (to be released VERY soon). I'm STILL waiting.