Hey guys...

I noticed discussion regarding giving or selling worship songs to each other. I know your intentions are all in the spirit of generosity and I don't want to be a wet blanket here, but please be careful regarding the copying or selling of copyrighted material...in this case, worship music. Just about all those worship songs mentioned are copyrighted.
That means that, under U.S. law, you do not have permission to give, sell, make copies of, or transmit in any form, the words or music of any song that is copyrited, unless you get permission from the OWNER of the copyright. To do so is to prevent the person(s) who wrote that song from getting paid for the use of their song. In other words, you're stealing.
That's why the organization CCLI was formed, to make it easy and legal to make copies of songs for use in worship. Check them out at CCLI.com. Our church puchases a license every year in order that we can use the thousands of songs that are out there. The cost is minimal.
For the individual who wants copies of songs, they are available for purchase singly or in book form at your local Christian music supplier or online.
I took the time to explain this in case you were interested in complying with the law and honoring your brothers and sisters who work hard at writing these songs. There are very stiff fines for those who get caught. Granted, most do not get caught. So why bother or worry about it? The answer to that is up to your conscience.

Tim

-----------------------------------------------------------
YAMAHA CVP-509 / Korg Pa300