Thursday, at my regular playing job, a customer from out of town asked if my name was "Kevin". When I told him my name and that I had been playing at the Merrick Inn in the summers for years, he said that he had done a Google search and he got a page with information about a musician named Kevin Moreland. The page did have the name and address of Merrick Inn, and there wasn't a claim by Kevin that he actually played there.

Several years ago, a member searched for Merrick Inn and got the same page. He. too figured that Kevin was a regular performer there.

I know that this guy hasn't played at the Merrick in the last two years. In fact,when this subject came uplast time, he responded on this board that he had played with a few friends of mine for an outside event (actually sponsored by the Merrick Place apartments and catered by Merrick Inn)about 5 years (now 7 years) ago. The owners, Libby, Bobby and Jen Murray never heard of the guy, and they have operated this establishment for over 30 years.

This fellow has a reputation as a go-getter.
and a pretty good musician.

If you use most search engines, you'll get the same page.

I'll give this fellow credit for ambition and promotion, but is this the ethical way to do it?

What do you think?

Russ