SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#481200 - 11/19/19 01:10 PM Rikki - Christmas Tradition
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By rikkisbears

Only thing I may need to put a rush on is some Christmas carols. Found out last night 10 year old grandson is learning 4 of them at band practice for his new saxophone. The 2 of us can make beautiful music together ( maybe not) haha

Rikki, For fear of taking a thread SOUTH, I decided to create another to respond to your quote above ...

MANY decades ago, my wife and her sister started taking over the Christmas Eve celebration from their mother,aunt, and grandmother ...
I started a tradition of singing Christmas songs and carols, and once we started having grandchildren, I got them all involved with each of them singing a solo ... of course there were the years when who was taking violin, sax, clarinet, whatever in school, and I would try to accompany them, even if only providing rhythm background ...Eventually there were 10 grandchildren performing along with some of the adults ... The singing also became a 'cover' for Santa to deliver the goods to whose ever house we were at ... it became such a tradition, that when the youngest finally found out that his mommy and daddy were really Santa, one of his first questions was "are we still going to sing Christmas songs with Uncle Tony?" ...

Hopefully you will be starting a tradition with your grandson that lasts years and years ...

#481203 - 11/19/19 01:21 PM Re: Rikki - Christmas Tradition [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Tony always enjoyed your version of
"Mary Did You Know" at Christmas time..

would love to hear it again it is a wonderful tune..

I have a version recorded but will not post
another song ever again here after what went on today...

Edited by Dnj (11/19/19 01:50 PM)

#481206 - 11/19/19 01:38 PM Re: Rikki - Christmas Tradition [Re: tony mads usa]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Thank you Tony,
hope so too.

What a great family tradition.

Never lived close to the family till last year ( now we’re literally 20 doors up from them , haha).

We’d see them 3 or 4 times a year birthday , xmas , easter. Driving a couple of hundred miles to visit isn’t all that easy, especially when both parents were working.

My kids were never interested in learning or playing instruments, so my hobby was literally just kept to myself. The younger son loves music, but just not interested in playing.
It’s great to see the grandson is interested in playing. Hopefully he keeps it up.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#481227 - 11/20/19 12:54 AM Re: Rikki - Christmas Tradition [Re: rikkisbears]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA

It’s great to see the grandson is interested in playing. Hopefully he keeps it up.

Encourage him rikki he is our future regardless of his musical style.

#481233 - 11/20/19 03:07 AM Re: Rikki - Christmas Tradition [Re: Nigel]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Originally Posted By Nigel

Encourage him rikki he is our future regardless of his musical style.

Hi Nigel,
I’ll do my best. Christmas carols , we will have in common, that’s a good start. Haha

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online