Originally Posted By rikkisbears

Only thing I may need to put a rush on is some Christmas carols. Found out last night 10 year old grandson is learning 4 of them at band practice for his new saxophone. The 2 of us can make beautiful music together ( maybe not) haha

Rikki, For fear of taking a thread SOUTH, I decided to create another to respond to your quote above ...

MANY decades ago, my wife and her sister started taking over the Christmas Eve celebration from their mother,aunt, and grandmother ...
I started a tradition of singing Christmas songs and carols, and once we started having grandchildren, I got them all involved with each of them singing a solo ... of course there were the years when who was taking violin, sax, clarinet, whatever in school, and I would try to accompany them, even if only providing rhythm background ...Eventually there were 10 grandchildren performing along with some of the adults ... The singing also became a 'cover' for Santa to deliver the goods to whose ever house we were at ... it became such a tradition, that when the youngest finally found out that his mommy and daddy were really Santa, one of his first questions was "are we still going to sing Christmas songs with Uncle Tony?" ...

Hopefully you will be starting a tradition with your grandson that lasts years and years ...