SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#448384 - 03/12/18 01:18 AM Re: ANOTHER KORG GEM [Re: organgrinder]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

Suprised Fran did not butt in here, as I recall that my Roland E70 as well as the Roland G800 and I presume also the famed G70 had a truly Dynamic Accompaniment in that you could set values of +64
to -64 for each and every acc. track thus allowing you to be very expressive. I have always wondered why a reknowned makes such as Korg and Yamaha did away with that. I sorely missed it after moving from Roland to Korg, I guess now I have got used to it.
But is was a superb feature on these boards.

regards
John

#448467 - 03/12/18 04:42 PM Re: ANOTHER KORG GEM [Re: organgrinder]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Dynamic Accomp, probably not as necessary now a days as it might have been on the old technics range. If memory serves me correctly, it played a slightly different variation of the current Variation you were using.
( if that makes sense)
That can be achieved on a korg with it’s 6 cv parts, by having slightly different style tracks and setting different chord types. Ie you get a slightly different variation depending on the chord type you play.

Good example is the Pa4x piano ballad, though personally I found it a bit unusable, too busy with some chord types , ie maj worked fine, 7 th sometimes unusable, so I edited down, now works for me , even if it is a bit more bland.

Edited by rikkisbears (03/12/18 04:45 PM)

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online