SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#314948 - 02/01/11 09:07 PM Re: For those users of UnrealBook.... [Re: miden]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
With unlimited UPG's in the memory, not sure how they COULD do that Dennis.

50MB SSHD and 2GB hanging off the card slot, that's a LOT of immediately available UPG's! It's a somewhat different system to Korg and Yamaha. Better in some ways, perhaps not so much in this one area...

If the program can send a USB file (I think the iConnect interface looked like it had MIDI and USB ports) I think that can become the current UPG... That's how the Session Manager software does it, I think.

Be nice if it could do some Garage Band stuff too... synced audio grooves while the MIDI or MP3 plays, under player touch control.

I think we are only beginning to scratch the surface of what this little devil can do!

#314950 - 02/01/11 09:16 PM Re: For those users of UnrealBook.... [Re: miden]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Yeah m8, totally agree...The more I delve into this stuff the better it gets.

I am even going to map out some controllers for the iPad AND the new Groove XR Rack Lionstracs is previewing at Musik Messe...

Maybe even load up the Korg IMS20 app

I think I will be heading the iConnect way too..As I said it looks like a super bit of kit, and yes you are correct it DOES have MIDI and USB ports...

But short-term, the Apple Camera Connect and Edirol I/F will suffice.

Dennis

#315106 - 02/03/11 02:14 PM Re: For those users of UnrealBook.... [Re: miden]
miden Offline

Been running the beta for a couple of days now. I want to say I could not be happier with the result.

This app, in particular for gigging players who use charts either full time or for prompting only, is perfect.

Of course it does not have ALL the bells and whistles of some rather more expensive programs, for live play it is perfect.

It is quick, reliable, works with the Blue-Tooth page turning pedal, has song lists, can link backing mp3's to charts, can sort charts, you can annotate charts, highlight passages....plus more features that I don't actually use myself.

The latest feature (and one I have been sweating on) is the ability to now link a control smf to a chart.

To explain, this is NOT a smf that is actually a song, it is merely a sequence of controller messages that tell my keyboard what particular songbook entry to load when the chart is loaded on the iPad.

As I have said before for the Korg, this can be up to 9999 songs.

On Rolands, which can also have UPS files selected via MIDI, this is 144 songs, although a user can manually load further UPG's (which contain 144 setups).

I am not sure if Yamahas can have a registration/Music Finder entry selected via midi??

And all of this for.....$5.99

Super!!!

Dennis

PS: I WAS going to do a small vid of it working, but I think from the above you get a good idea of what it does.

So now if I get a request that is not on my playlist for that set, I simply tap SONGS on the app, select the song chart, and the PA2 is immediately (and I mean immediately!!) loaded ready to play it....

#315236 - 02/04/11 01:53 PM Re: For those users of UnrealBook.... [Re: miden]
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
This is good stuff, guys. I'm just now investigating this stuff, but haven't tried anything. Keep up the iPad info.

#315267 - 02/04/11 08:32 PM Re: For those users of UnrealBook.... [Re: cassp]
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
Originally Posted By: cassp
This is good stuff, guys. I'm just now investigating this stuff, but haven't tried anything. Keep up the iPad info.

+1

#315271 - 02/04/11 08:50 PM Re: For those users of UnrealBook.... [Re: miden]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
+2
Dennis should be working for Apple

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#315273 - 02/04/11 09:14 PM Re: For those users of UnrealBook.... [Re: miden]
miden Offline

laugh Larry , no not really. I just use whatever is the best for me at the time.

For example I am already looking at the new Motorola XOOM, being released soon. A 10" tablet running on Android...

At this stage I don't really consider it a serious contender, but it never hurts to keep options (and eyes!!) open smile

It looks pretty good so far, really depends on the Android apps available.

Dennis

#315274 - 02/04/11 09:21 PM Re: For those users of UnrealBook.... [Re: miden]
Dnj Offline

Miden did that Cyclone effect you in any way ...it looks bad on the news?

#315277 - 02/04/11 09:30 PM Re: For those users of UnrealBook.... [Re: miden]
miden Offline

Donny, firstly Dennis is the name wink

And no it was way up in north Queensland....about 3000ks away.

Yes it was about the same strength as your Hurricane Katrina. It was bad for a couple of small towns, but luckily (and I use that term loosely!!) around those towns is mostly National Parks and State Forests. Had it crossed the coast a bit further north (Cairns) or a bit further south (Townsville) the devastation would have been the same as for New Orleans, albeit with a smaller population.

Dennis

#315357 - 02/05/11 03:24 PM Re: For those users of UnrealBook.... [Re: miden]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
If you have an iPad you may want to check out Gig Book by Deep Dish, Mikey Maestro told me about it and although unReal book is my go to App for the iPad the GigBook is an alternative. Mikey thanks for the tip! smile

Deep Dish Gig Book

No matter which app you use, I'm finding this stand for ipad a good solution.
iKlip

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online