Hi.. Just tuned in to find that you guys mentioned about an X1 operating system upgrade so I went to the associated web site and got the file.. or should I say files!

In the KETRONFTP directory, theres several files to download.. but the most obvious ones to me are the 2 files which have a date of 21st Feb 2000, one being prog31a.exe file and the other being 31ck71c3.zip.

theres no documentation on how to install this, but from past upgrades, i assumed that you double click on the .exe file it will extract to floppy.. This worked fine and then I installed it on the X1..

but where the hell does the other file go? When I unziped 31ck71c3.zip, i get 31ck71c3.bin.

my guess would be that I copy this file to a seperate disk and then install this single file on the keyboard in the same way, but I dont want to break anything in the process.

has anybody tried to install this file in this way or should i be doing it another way or should I be doing anything at all with this file as it could be a red-herring???

DannyUK