Happy Easter! It’s been a while since I posted but I have been lurking and learning as always from the wealth of talent and knowledge that defines the SynthZone. Thanks to all for your continued involvement with this forum!

Here is a recording I did this morning of the wonderful song “Vivo Sonando”. It’s a great bossa tune not heard as often as the standards. I play it at every gig on my sax so I decided to work it up on my S970. Hope you like the sound of “Living the Dream” (rough translation) on my wonderful Yamaha S970.

Randy Sherwood - Vivo Sonando - S970 on SoundCloud

PS – “Living a Dream” is an appropriate song for yours truly -- I just survived open heart surgery (triple bypass!)… Though I wish it was, this is NOT an April Fool’s joke… My surgery was 8 Feb so it’s been nearly 8 weeks now…sternum is about back to normal. Needless to say, it came as a major shock and I am just soooo glad it’s over. It was all due to my own initiative that I went “investigating” a little jaw pain…. One thing led to another and there I went into the operating room! I have not played my sax since then and will wait another month or so before I get back to it…cancelled several gigs and turned down several weddings in May… hoping to get back to my restaurant gigs in late May. So I have spent some wonderful time with the arranger and have enjoyed every minute! Best wishes to you all for a great Easter and beyond!

Edited by saxxman (04/01/18 02:57 PM)

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"