Hi,

Hope I am finding you all well.

I posted a while ago that I was debating whether to get a PA900 or PSR-S950....

Well after much thought, analysis, demo viewing and research (as well as reading all the great comments here), I have purchased the S950 to go along with my T3.

I think as much as the PA900 is an awesome bit of kit, I didn't want to deviate too much with something totally different again like I have done in the past. I thought about the most important thing I would need and that is cross system compatibility but in a slightly more portable form. The T3 (for me) has been all I've ever wished for or needed from an instrument after many years of swapping and changing, the T3 is everything I wanted from an instrument and will always stay with me. I now wanted a 'backup' or 'clone' of the T3 but more portable and it seems the S950 is just that (and probably more). I hope that the S950 will play the T3 styles comfortable and with minimal tweaking.

Believe me though, I have been so close to buying a T4 many times but in the end I came to the same conclusion that the additions on the T4 over the T3 wouldn't justify changing it as I don't think I would use them all except for some of the new sounds and styles. Although there are clear differences between the two, I don't think they are a mile apart from each other and in some cases they sound identical.

I am guessing though with the T5 it will be something special but it's going to be way above what I would want it for although I am not sure if the Audio route is completely feasible especially if it takes away the editing ability of the style, if all the internal styles will be audio then editing will be severely limited (or they may treat it like SA sounds and add in a few at a time with each new model).

Hopefully I will have the S950 in the next few days or even tomorrow!

One quick question, how do you obtain the free premium pack that you're entitled to when you purchase this keyboard? Will the instructions come with the keyboard on how to get this?

Thanks,
Danny

Edited by DannyUK (09/24/13 08:21 AM)