Hi all. I've come up with an interesting arranger rig based around the new GEM PRP-800;

along with another device to go with it, the Ketron MidJay ;

If you haven't heard the GEM PRP's yet, they are definitely worth a look and listen. The PRP 700 and 800 have the same piano sound as the GEM RP-800 and use the same DRAKE technology as the GEM ProMega 3, which may be one of the most developed acoustic piano sounds in the industry currently. The PRP's have 80 notes of polyphony. I understand that the PRP's have been selling in Europe (particularly Germany) since last Spring and are doing well. They are supposed to begin selling in the US this month. I think the PRP-800 is the lightweight (under 45 lbs) graded hammer 88 digital piano and controller I've been waiting for. I like internal speakers for ease of practice so the 800 would be my choice over the 700 but either would make a good stage piano.

The addition of the lightweight MidJay would effectively turn the PRP into an arranger keyboard, plus the PRP's and the MidJay are both silver with blue displays. Should make a lightweight excellent-looking multi-functional solo rig combo.

I'm still interested in pursuing a soft-arranger setup based around my laptop but the MidJay keeps drawing me back for it's size and convenience.

Comments?