Originally Posted By: Bill Lewis
Fran

May give you a call soon. I'm still on the fence about the BK5 vrs. BK7M. I love the all in portability of the BK5 but would feel more comfortable behind a real keyboard so maybe the BK7M. I hate decisions like this !!!
As far as setting up I just find it difficult when you get in a tight situation like a NH rec room and have to lift a heavy keyboard out of its case thats on the floor and maneuver it onto its stand. When your done and packing up there's sure to be a wheelchair pushed up close to you so its even more difficult. Not to mention lifting the keyboard and hard case into the SUV. Same with restaurants. If theres no dance floor in front of you its manuvering between tables and not disturbing anyone. I still use my Crate KX220's for most gigs like you do the Cubes. One heavy piece but it can handle anything. Did another deck gig, popped the wheels off and put it up on a keyboard stand and it covered the whole place.
BTW if you really love the G1000 sequencer I have one for sale. Best part is I never used the sequencer so that part of the board is brand new HA!

Bill, read your own post again...you endorsed the reason you should get the BK5 over the BK7m smile

I will convince you when we get together...